Thursday, May 30, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Publication Date: December 11, 2012
Synopsis:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


______________________________

Review:

I'm a big fan of the series so I must admit I'm a bit biased because of Daemon *swoon* Black.

I loved him since the first book and I have loved him more in this book. He still has an almighty ego but his affection for Katy is so much sweeter and he's not afraid to show it anymore.*Sigh* He's still overprotective of her and the people he loves.

As for Katy, she became stronger and aware of her power. Despite being busy, she still finds time for her books and reviews. Love her!

The second book ended with Dawson's reappearance. His physical features may be the same but his attitude and personality isn't the old Dawson anymore. He wanted Beth back and he will do anything just for it to happen. As a result of Adam's death, Katy and Dee's relationship took it's toll.

There's a lot more complications in this book. There's the DOD and then other characters' reappearance. The book has definitely more action, suspense and I shouldn't fail to mention the romance and hotness.

I was expecting it to end in a not-so-good-way cliff-hanger type but even with that in mind, I'm still sad and distraught on how the book ended. I so hate Blake!Hate, hate him! Grr!!

The book is fun, like the prequels but more exciting and great twists! I so can't wait for the next book!

Rating:


Memorable Quotes:

“You really shouldn’t trust a soul in this game. Not when everyone has something to gain or lose.” 


“I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!